Saturday, January 23, 2010

About Me (Blog #1)


My name is Melissa. I am from Mount Vernon, or as many people know it as "tulip town". Aside from academics, which now consume a majority of my time, I like to swim. I swam for my high school's varsity team for four years, and placed in districts during the last two seasons. I also enjoy reading novels and playing the violin. Some of my favorite novels include "A Seperate Peace", "the five people you meet in heaven", and "Sometimes a Great Notion". My music taste is a bit varied... but I mostly like grunge and alternative. Alice in Chains and Foo Fighters probably rank amongst my favorite bands. I am attending WSU to major in Civil Engineering. I know this will be a difficult major but I've never been one to be scared of a challenge.

3 comments:

  1. That is really cool that you are from Mount Vernon. I have a summer house on Whidbey Island and my family and I go to the tulip festival every year. It is so gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am also becoming a Civil Engineer too! At my high school, I as well competed on varsity but mine was for Cross Country and Track. I also went to districts in these two sports too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "a Separate Peace" is a great book. i read it my sophomore year in high school. do you ever get the chance to swim with all of your school work this year? Mount Vernon. that is really cool, but very far. do you ever get homesick?

    ReplyDelete