Friday, April 23, 2010

English Portfolio

Out of the papers you are putting into your English portfolio, which one do you think shows your best work and which one do you think needs to be edited the most? Explain why. Be specific. Provide examples of your best and weakest areas.

Then, when you comment on another person's blog post - address how they might fix their weakest areas.

At first the personal analysis essay was the paper that I dreaded and hated the most. I had absolutely no intention of keeping it in my portfolio until I revised it. It was then that I really started to feel invested in the paper, and I started to feel passionate about my own story and what I wanted to say. I think this essay is a really good example of my non-formal writing. I use a specific event in my life and elaborate in detail about it, making connections both to my famous person and American society. As far as formal/academic writing I think the research paper shows some of my best work. On the other hand it is also the paper I am most invested in, and the one that needs to be edited the most. My research paper still has a very long way to go with my own analysis and expansion of ideas, but I feel really comfortable with the historical context and sources I have used thus far. I really need to rethink the structure of this paper, and find a way to incorporate smooth transitions between new ideas that I introduce.

No comments:

Post a Comment