Friday, April 2, 2010

Primary Source

I think that my primary source, The Wizard of Oz, visually shows the audience and the reader of my paper the stereotypes the characters represent. Through imagery and the emotions of the characters the viewer can see how the helpless and hopeful Dorothy compares to the American, and the how the brainless, foolish scarecrow represents the farmer. In my paper I addess this point of view through specific scenes in the movie, and also with an analysis of the music's lyrics. This is important because it lays the foundation for my papers argument and provides examples for my analysis. Readers should care about my topic because the movie the wizard of oz was a cultural phenomena in America. Everyone has at least heard the movie and it is even played yearly on TV. My paper shows a different side to this movie that most Americans are unaware of, and I believe would be intrigued to read.

No comments:

Post a Comment